We’re Hiring an Operations Manager!
The Operations Manager will work with both the Software Development teams and the Support team to build a strategy for supporting Strathcom’s products. We are looking for someone with a technical background, customer focused, and with demonstrated technical operations experience who can get things done, provide technical direction, and develop a plan for taking our operational support to the next level.
- Define, manage, and update the company’s operational strategy and roadmap.
- Meet or exceed all security SLAs for patching and remediations.
- Own and manage the supportability of all services, acting as the primary technical contact for escalations from the support team.
- As the ultimate owner of the supportability of all services, you will work with our Software Development teams to ensure we build with operations in mind.
- Oversee the scalability and refresh of systems infrastructure and core services
- Monitor and report on SLAs to stakeholders
- Interface with Support team on implementation of support models and system integration/automation of manual tasks and processes to improve efficiency.
- Owner of CD/DevOps Tooling and System/Configuration Management Automation
- Responsible for compliance controls implementation, oversight and audit
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to management on a regular basis
- Work closely with Software Development teams in architecting and planning systems infrastructure
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling, DevOps concepts, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, implementing and testing backup strategies, and security penetration tests
- Experience implementing and running a configuration management platform (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience running datacenter workloads in the cloud at scale (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Working knowledge of Terraform, CloudFormation and Jenkins is strongly preferred
- Strong customer service experience and ability
- Experience building and managing global infrastructure, systems and services
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with Software Development and Operational focus
- Demonstrated understanding of system security including risk management and compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical people. Skilled in writing concise, understandable, technical documentation
- Ability to work independently, keeping track of a number of continuing problems, requests, and projects
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills. A track record of delivery.
- Ability to work with and explain technical scenarios to non-technical stakeholders.