Junior Content Strategist (Copywriter)
We tell our dealer clients that their websites will have frequent visitors when there’s quality content attached to each page – and that’s where you come in.
The Junior Content Strategist will not only be responsible for copywriting our client’s websites, but will also collaborate with the content, design, development, and client services teams to properly ensure the execution of proper SEO and content strategies as well. This is a temporary, 3 month full-time contract role, with potential opportunity for extension or transition into a permanent, full-time capacity.
As a growing agency (with the backing of a large group of companies), Strathcom Media is committed to finding individuals with the right drive, willingness to learn, and down-to-earth personality that makes us stand out as a company. We hire for attitude and train for skills. With that being said, there’s some things that we’re looking for this time around that would make you a successful candidate in this role.
Things you have to be able to do:
- Be willing to learn (quickly!)
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills in English
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, and attention to detail (don’t tell us, show us!)
- Have an adaptable style of writing (so that you can confidently represent a brand, not just yourself)
- Apply creative and critical analysis towards different automotive brand identities
- Organize and prioritize your workload on the fly, and with a penchant for meeting (or beating) deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite of Tools
- Physically work in the office in Edmonton
Things that would be nice, but aren’t 100% necessary (we can teach you):
- Past experience in/understanding of the automotive industry
- Basic understanding of current SEO theory (and how the copy that you’re writing can affect a website’s search visibility)
- Basic proficiency in WordPress
- The willpower to join us in our various fitness challenges in the office.
Things that will definitely put you ahead of the pack:
- Some post-secondary education, especially with a focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, English Studies, or another related field
- Proficiency in HTML
- Ability to write and translate in fluent French (without the aid of Google Translate)
- Google Adwords Certification
- WordPress Certification
- Bringing your favourite novel to read with us during lunch