No, you are not imagining things – Google’s testmysite tool has been given a bit of a face lift.
If you want a quick way to see how your site is performing on mobile, Google’s testmysite tool provides a quick overview. It can tell you in seconds if your website takes over 5 seconds to load (most people won’t even wait that long for a site to load), or if there are things you should fix to make your site more mobile friendly. Continue reading “Changes to Google’s testmysite Tool”
Thinking about switching current website providers? Looking for a solution to help with your online presence? Kia is committed to providing their customers with high-quality vehicles and is committed to making ownership a satisfying experience. Strathcom is also in the business of providing a great experience for users shopping online.
So why choose Strathcom to build and maintain your Kia website? Here are a few reasons why – just like Kia – Strathcom has “The Power to Surprise”:
Kia Compliant Websites
- From having the correct fonts, colours and logos, we work closely with Kia to ensure all of our sites meet Kia’s standards.
24/7 Online Chat
- With the changes to Kia’s website standards, all sites should include an online chat. We work closely with CarChat24 to provide Kia dealers a 24/7 online chat solution that is monitored by actual people, and not robots.
- Present the monthly cash, finance and lease incentives right on your vehicle description page.
- We will make your website look good on all devices and screen sizes.
Brand Standards for Online Advertising
- As a Google Partner we work closely with Google to create high quality AdWords campaigns to generate you more clicks and leads. We will also submit all of your co-op claims!
- We currently syndicate to over 70 destinations like Kijiji, and Trader. We make sure your inventory gets in front of the right people.
On top of all of these kick ass features, we also offer Blog Services, Ongoing SEO, and Google Certified Representatives that will help take care of the ever changing online landscape. We also offer technologies like Personalization, Geofencing, Silent Salesman, Notepad, and more.
Let us be your one-stop-shop for all things Kia. Contact us today to find out more, or subscribe to our newsletter!
Mobile browsing is the way of the future. Between 2009 and 2011 we saw a 1000% increase in the worldwide browsing activity on smartphones and other mobile devices, and that is only the beginning. As we previously mentioned, over 33% of shoppers already use mobile devices during their buying cycle, with 27% searching for a dealer specifically and 33% using click to call to get in touch with a dealer. Those numbers are nothing to scoff at, seeing that every view you receive on your website is a potential lead. That’s why it’s important to optimize your website to be mobile-friendly. In the fast-paced online environment, customers want access to the information they need right away. It’s easier to click somewhere else and leave a web page than slog through a difficult-to-view website or deal with long waiting times to access content. Recent Google research shows that 61% of customers using a mobile device would quickly move to another site if they didn’t find what they were looking for quickly. On another note, 67% of buyers said that they would be more willing to buy from a mobile friendly site. If you have a mobile-friendly site, that’s great news for you. If not, then that’s great news for your competition. Here are some more statistics from Google on mobile users:
- 96% of consumers say they’ve encountered websites that were not optimized for mobile viewing.
- 74% of users said that they would be more likely to return to a mobile-friendly site
- 67% of users said they would be more likely to buy a product or service from a mobile-friendly site.
- 48% of users were frustrated and annoyed by a non-mobile friendly site.
- 52% of users said that an experience with a non-mobile friendly site made them less likely to engage with a company.
These are all reasons to implement a mobile website solution and stay one step ahead of the competition.
Mobile Browsing and SEO
One of the largest factors affecting mobile browsing is screen size and resolution. Despite continual advances in mobile technology, portable screens are still small. What that means for you is an even smaller space to capture a potential customer’s interest. It also affects how users will see mobile search results. Mobile and desktop search results are not the same. There are variations in ranking for the majority (about 87%) of smartphone search results when compared to searches from a desktop. Factors affecting these search results include a higher ranking of local results in mobile devices (Google Places results will list higher), Android Market or iTunes results for searches including keywords like “download” or “app,” as well as other differences like the position of vertical results. All of these differences can be used to maximize the impact of your Pay Per Click/Keyword advertising campaign by targeting mobile devices.