Winter is already here in some parts of Canada, and if you live in Edmonton (or almost anywhere not on the coast) that means you can look forward to mother nature’s icy death-grip for the next six months or more.
When snow slows down sales at your car dealership, it helps to have an online strategy in place to give you a steady supply of warm leads. Your car dealership’s blog is a great place to start, and if things are already slowing down at your dealership then it’s also a great time to sit down, pull out your pen (or keyboard) and get writing.
Last September we gave you 15 topics to get your car dealership blog started. We already covered how important it is for your car dealership to blog regularly. Google loves fresh content, and a healthy blog shows Google that your site is always being updated and properly maintained. Blogging also increases your chances of receiving more inbound links, which act like online recommendations. When people like the content on your website, they are more likely to share it and online recommendations are a ranking factor.
Companies who blog on average have 55% more visitors, 97% more inbound links and 434% more indexed pages than companies that don’t blog.
Now that we agree that blogging is a great way to get more online leads, how do you get started? To get your creative juices flowing, we have 15 new blog topics that your car dealership can use in the cold winter months to come:
15 Winter Blog Topics
1. How to Choose the Right Winter Tires for Your Vehicle
2. Do You Really Need Winter Tires if you Have All-Seasons?
3. Winterizing Your Vehicle: Why and How
4. How to Jump Start a Car
5. How to Shop for a Car without Getting Frostbite (find it online & then come in to our warm showroom)
6. New Car Features to Keep You Warm This Winter
7. Remote Car Starters – How do they work?
8. Block Heaters & Plugging Your Car in
9. Is There a Difference Between Summer & Winter Wiper Blades?
10. Best Windshield Coatings for Winter
11. What Winter Fluids do I Need to Keep my Car Running Safely?
12. What Should be Included in a Vehicle’s Winter Emergency Kit?
13. What to do When You get in a Winter Accident
14. How to Drive Safely on Ice and Snow
15. The Benefits of All-Wheel drive in Winter Conditions
If you already have your blog set up on your website. Check out our video on how to post a blog post so it’s SEO friendly.
Posting an SEO friendly blog post
Or if you are interested in signing up for our blog service for your car dealership website, contact us today.
For more tips on Blogging the right way download our e- book on the 5 Biggest Blogging Mistakes and how to fix them.
Now get blogging!
~ Samantha Goettel