On Wednesday we were visited by our friends Brian and Nim from Facebook. We discussed the many reasons that dealers should be advertising on Facebook, and how we can improve our current Facebook campaigns. Here are some of the key takeaways from their visit:
- Recent Facebook data shows that the number of Canadians that are on Facebook daily has increased from 17 million to 18 million.
- Facebook is the most affordable advertising platform for dealers.
- When we asked how they describe the value of Facebook in online marketing, they gave this example: if you think of your smartphone as today’s television, Facebook is today’s NBC or Fox.
- If you are currently advertising on Google, studies show that advertising on Facebook can improve your performance on Google Search. How? When someone searches for a product on Google, they are likely in the final stages of the sales journey. By advertising on Facebook to those that are in the earlier stages, it increases the chance that they will eventually convert on your Search ad because they will already be familiarized with your brand. Essentially, if we think about the traditional sales funnel model, Facebook helps drive potential customers down the funnel to your Search ads, and then to your dealership.
If you are running your Facebook ads in-house, here are some things that you should consider:
- Maintaining and optimizing Facebook campaigns is an important, and time consuming process. If it is someone at the dealership that is maintaining your Facebook ads while also taking care of other things at the dealership, they may not be spending as much time making the adjustments and optimizations that an online advertising expert would.
- It is also important to consider that a management fee from an agency would be much less than someone’s salary.
If you would like to get started on Facebook, get in touch with us today and $500 towards your next lead-generating campaign!