Online reviews can have a major impact on your business. They can increase rankings within local search engines, and be the deciding factors for consumers choose to shop at your business over another. Here are some interesting and important statistics regarding the importance of having an online reputation:
- 90% of consumers say online reviews have influenced their buying decision.
- 92% of consumers trust online reviews as must as personal recommendations.
- 80% of buyers are more likely to purchase from a local business with good reviews.
- A 1 star increase in star ratings on reviews can lead to a 5-9% increase in revenue.
Given the above statistics, asking consumers to review your business online is becoming increasingly more important.
Here are some tips and tricks to start collecting those reviews:
- Make it easy. Having reviews on multiple platforms like Facebook, Google, Reveiwsii, makes it easier for clients to use the platform of their choice.
- Focus on Quantity over Quality. Not everyone is going to have a 5 star rating, consumers that see this will have an easier time believing that the reviews they are reading are true.
- Ask buyers to post a review. Make it apart of your sales process to ask clients to leave a review base off of their experience.
- Make sure you are actively responding to both Negative and Positive reviews. Consumers that notice this, will see that you care.
Remember, your customers will talk about you. Why not let them share their experiences with the rest of the world?